I’ve started the owls for the baby blanket. After a lot of thinking about it I have decided to crochet them into squares and attach them conventionally like granny squares. The original pattern uses hexagons and small squares and is quite complicated. I’m sure I could figure it out but I need this blanket sooner rather than later! So here are some of the owls:
Obviously these haven’t got their eyes yet. I’ve been at it all day:
Practising turning the circle into a square:
And getting it right second time:
I’m just going to sit down and work out placing the owls. I’m going to use squares with the three centre rows done in colour and the rest in neutral for the spacing squares.
I can recommend Rico cotton. It is a bit splitty but it is lovely to work with.