I finished the 82 squares for Dad’s waistcoat at the weekend. Initially I was jubilant, until I realised I have a whole LOAD of work to do to construct it! I’ve broken it into the following stages…
2. Sewing in the ends (argh)
3. Arranging the squares so they are balanced at the front
4. Start sewing the large blocks together
5. Take the entire thing to the lovely Janet at Marmalade and throw myself on her mercy (she is expecting this, I haven’t just randomly decided!).
6. Do everything she tells me to do (which will include shaping, edging and buttonholes…)
Monday night is designated for blocking half the squares. I know myself, I’m never going to have the patience to do it all in one go…
I’m hoping to get to stage 5 next Monday…
In another matter, aren’t these mock cables on my MKAL gorgeous?!